Monday, June 20, 2005

The Infinite Mind Radio Show

The reason I included this radio show, is because I have asked everyone I know, and no one gets up at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning to listen to the radio. I look forward to this show every week and feed our companion birds while I listen. Fred Goodwin is retired from the show but he is filling in for Peter Kramer on this show. To listen click on the Infinite Mind link
Infinite Mind radio show on my blog and then go down to this same description of this show and you’ll be able to download the show.

Here’s the blurb describing yesterday’s show.
In this hour, we explore Animal Companions. Can having a fish help people with Alzheimer's disease? Does having a dog lower your risk of depression? We hear the latest research on the health and mental health benefits of having pets. Guests include Dr. Alan Beck, Director of the Center for the Human-Animal Bond at the School of Veterinary Medicine at Purdue University and co-author of Between Pets and People: The Importance of Animal Companionship; Dr. Susan Cohen, a social worker at the Animal Medical Center in New York City; Dr. Harriet Ritvo, a professor of history at MIT whose books include "The Animal Estate: The English and Other Creatures in the Victorian Age"; and pet trainer Bash Dibra whose books include "DogSpeak" and "Cat Speak."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with the arrival of a feral cat in my garage, i began a new phase in my life. without going into great detail, i'll just share that i got out of a dead end relationship, laughed harder than i had in years and am now about to get my 3rd stray kitty. having lived alone for many years, i can't tell you what a treat it is to come home to friendly, happy faces greating me at the door.