Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Authentic Happiness

I'm working on my research paper for my coaching program and have been rereading Authentic Happiness by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman. Authentic Happiness I found this paragraph near the end of the book and I want to share it with you.
"Could it be that positive emotion, then, has evolved to motivate and guide us through win-win games? When we are in a situation in which everyone might benefit - courting, hunting together, raising children, cooperatiing, planting seeds, teaching and learning - joy, good cheer, contentment, and happiness motivate us and guide our actions. Positive emotions are part of a sensory system that alerts to us the presence of a potential win-win. They also set up an action repertoire and a mind set that broadens and builds abiding intellectual and social reasources. Positive emotion, in short, build the cathedrals of our lives."

No comments: